Protecting your personal information is of utmost importance to us, and we take extreme measures to keep it safe. We are committed to being fully transparent and want to make sure you understand how and where your information is stored, how it’s used, and what rights you have with respect to the data you’ve provided.
Most importantly, you own your data! You may ask us to have your data promptly deleted at any time. All data that you enter and track on the MyDelica App is anonymous and kept on servers in the USA only. Anonymization is used when you want to use a data set with sensitive information for analysis without compromising the privacy of the user. Moreover, the principles of data protection do not apply to anonymized data. This means that this information can be analyzed without risk. All communications between our App on your device and our servers is encrypted. This means that no data ever sits on your device. As well, our entire technology platform is privacy compliant in the U.S. (HIPAA). When we launch in Canada and Europe, we will be compliant with PIPEDA, PHIPA, and GDPR. These are the highest standards for privacy of health information in these jurisdictions.
HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is a federal law that requires the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient’s consent or knowledge. The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued the HIPAA Privacy Rule to implement the requirements of HIPAA. The HIPAA Security Rule protects a subset of information covered by the Privacy Rule.
PIPEDA (The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) is the federal privacy law for private-sector organizations in Canada. The purpose of the law is to govern the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes the right of privacy of individuals with respect to their personal information and the need of organizations to collect, use or disclose personal information for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
PHIPA (Personal Health Information Protection Act) provides a set of rules for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal health information, and includes the following provisions:
- Consent is required for the collection, use and disclosure of personal health information, with few exceptions
- Health information custodians are required to treat all personal health information as confidential and maintain its security
- Individuals have a right to access their personal health information, as well as the right to correct errors
- Individuals have the right to instruct health information custodians not to share their personal health information with others
- Rules are provided for the use of personal health information for fundraising or marketing purposes
- Guidelines are set for the use and disclosure of personal health information for research purposes
- Accountability is ensured by granting an individual the right to complain if they have identified an error in their personal health information
- Remedies are established for breaches of the legislation
GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation) is a European law that governs all collection and processing of personal data from individuals inside the EU. Under the GDPR, it is the legal responsibility of website owners and operators to make sure that personal data is collected and processed lawfully. A website outside of the EU is required to comply with the GDPR if it collects data from users inside the EU. GDPR requires a website to only collect personal data from users after they have given their explicit consent to the specific purposes of its use.
Our mission is to advance the scientific understanding of psychedelic substances for medical and therapeutic purposes. To that end, we aggregate and anonymize all data for the purpose of studying real-time, evidence-based experiences with psychedelic substances in order to learn how psychedelic substances work and to improve treatment for all patients:
- We provide free access to our anonymous information to approved academic researchers & clinicians for non-commercial study and peer-reviewed medical publication; and
- We sell software subscription access to anonymous information and technology tools for researching that information, as well as internally-designed research reports, to industry organizations so that they can better serve you.
- We do NOT gather or sell patient names or purchase information.
We use industry standard “cookies” on our webpages to optimize your experience with our services.
Thanks for your time and have a great day,
The MyDelica Team